Thursday, December 18, 2008

Hard Times

So the last couple of days have been really hard for us.
Sunday we gave Shilo away to a new home.
Monday everything was good.
Tuesday Baby Got mad at JD and me and then started throwing up all night long.
Wednesday we went to the vet when I saw blood in the throw up. He said that I had changed the food too fast and that is why she was throwing up. So she was only allowed water which she kept down. so I thought we were on the up side. We traveled to Pratville. She had a lot of water but I could tell she was getting alot weaker. She had this hacking cough and coughed all night. We finally put her outside she was keeping everyone awake. So this morning I get up let her back in and she is still coughing and extremely weak. Denise Talks me into going to the vet again and as we are leaving I notice her back paw will not go straight when she walks. So Something is really wrong!!
So we get to the vet and it is not good. She needs oxygen They took X-rays and she only has one side of her lung that is not full of fluid.come to find out latter that it was full of blood. anyway to spare you the gory details, The vet keeps asking about rat poison and We have never had any or ever been around any. it can take up to two weeks to cause any noticeable effects. So we come home and JJ calls the guy that took Shilo, come to find out she Died Tuesday night, she had the same hacking cough. (the guy even took her to the vet and they said it was Kennel cough). About two hours later I get a call from the vet saying that Baby has passed away. We are just sick about it all! I can not believe that in less then 48 hours both of my dogs have died. Something is seriously wrong about that!!
We have some ideas about what happened but none of them I want to share right now. We are having test done on baby to find out what the really cause was and then we will go from there.
Baby was our first kid until JD was born, so I am having a really hard time(as you can image).So if you see me at church or whatever please don't ask me how I am I might just start bawling again!

10 comments:

Jessica Bybee said...

We love you all and are praying for you!!!

Jeni said...

Oh, sweet Joane! When I went to go pick up your boxes tonight I thought you must have just taken the doggies with you. That makes me SO sad AND mad to think that someone could have done that to your sweet pups. Please talk to me about this when you are ready! Love you!

Jessica Anderson said...

Joane I am so sorry to hear about this! It sort of makes me mad to hear about it too that someone might of poisoned your dogs. When your up for it, I'd like an update to find out what the verdict is of what they found of the cause of death. Why did you have to give away one of your dogs in the first place?

The Royal Family said...

:8( We are so sad... those dogs were so sweet... let us know if there is anything you need... Feel free to call if you ever need to talk and just bawl... I will listen.

XOXOXOX

**remember karma will get hers**

Melissa & DJ said...

OH! I am so sorry! I've heard of some things done to dogs around here, but that makes me sick to think about. I too wondered about Shilo? Well, we love you and hope you have a great Christmas with the three of you! Love you!!

Caroline said...

so sorry!

Candice said...

I'm so sorry Joane! I can't imagine someone doing something like that. I hope you find the comfort you need. I here if you need me.

holley family said...

hey joane, that just makes me sick! please know that we are here for you (except not really in alabama.. but you can call me!) and when you do feel up to it, please give us an update!

The Royal Family said...

Merry Christmas!

The Royal Family said...

The dresses were at Walmart last year clearanced after Christmas for 3.00 :)

We miss seeing you guys!