Sunday, June 08, 2008

LAKE POWELL

Lake Powell is so GREAT!! I love how the pictures turn out with all the different colors!

The first day we got there it was pretty stormy and windy. This is a picture of the clouds rolling by.
This is where we always camp. This is an island in the middle of the lake that used to shelter us from some of the wind, but this year the water was so high that it was alot further away so it didn't really help out alot. They say the water is raising a foot each day. I am not sure it was a foot but it did raise alot while we were there. It was crazy!!!
The Fishing was the best we have ever had down there. I am the proud owner of the First Fish of the Trip!! I was seriously sooo excited. (Below is the traditional pose for when you catch a fish... kissy kissy)
The small fish are catfish, then the really shinny one is a striper, and then there is a large mouth bass. Everyone on the trip caught a fish except one person and they only fished for an hour the whole trip.




The water was pretty cool so John David only got his feet wet.
John David had so much fun with all of our cousins! They made him laugh so hard! it was very cute!





This is John Davids life jacket. It is the smallest size they make.







John David Loves his Uncle! He smiles every time he is around. It is so cute. John David would be asleep and Gordon would check on him and if the blanket was at all on his face Gordon would come tell me and move it off. It is very sweet!!

We went for a walk and John David fell asleep in his carrier. So when we came back I laid him down in it. He slept in it for about an hour.
John David is such a happy boy! My dad has said like three times he was worried about taking a baby this small to lake Powell but he was very surprised that he did so well! This is him in the car on the ride home. He love this little from that sister blowers gave him! It is just the right size for him to hold and suck on his face..


JOHN DAVID also rolled over twice on the boat with no help. it was very exciting.





3 comments:

The Royal Family said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I love love love this post. I love the green turtle blanket, the pic of him and your mom he looks like Ethan... HE ROLLED OVER???? wow He is a youngin to do that. I think... I don't remember when Addie did its been so long but I didn't expect him to yet!!! I am such an excited Aunt Brandy!!! IO cannot wait to see him this week!!!YEAH!!! oh, and I love his life vest its so funny!

Jeni said...

Such cute pictures! ANd I didn't know you were in UT..I assume JJ is here? When you get back, I really want to go bowling. Ethan would have a blast, so let me know when you get back to Bama!

Mink News said...

lake livin - nothing beats it - nice to see u guys have a blog